Profile: Yasuhiro Koike
- Professor, Faculty of Science and Technology, Keio University
- Director, Keio Photonics Research Institute
- Fundamentals of Photonics Polymer Materials and Applications,
- Graded-Index Polymer Optical Fiber,
- Highly Scattered Optical Transmission Polymer,
- Zero-Birefringence Optical Polymer,
- High-Power Polymer Optical Fiber Amplifiers and Lasers,
- Gradient Refractive Index Polymer Lenses, etc.
- 1982 Ph.D. in Engineering from Graduate School of Engineering, Keio University
- 1989-1990 Research Staff at AT&T Bell Laboratories
- 1997- present Professor at Keio University
- 2004-2008 Director of Keio Leading-edge Laboratory of Science and Technology
- 2010- present Director of Keio Photonics Research Institute
- 2010- present Councillor of Keio University
- 2007- Honorary Doctorate of Eindhoven University of Technology
- 2009- Affiliate Professor, Materials Science & Engineering Department, University of Washington
- 1994- present General Chair of POF Consortium
- 1995-1998 Kanagawa Academy of Science and Technology “High-Speed POF Project", Project Leader
- 1998-2001 Project Leader of “Plastic Optical Fiber Project, Telecommunications Advancement Organization of Japan (Budget of Posts and Telecommunications)
- 1998- present General Chair of International Cooperative of Plastic Optical Fiber (ICPOF)
- 2000-2006 Research Director of "Koike Photonics Polymer Project"
Exploratory Research for Advanced Technology (ERATO), Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- 2002-2007 Project Leader of GigaHouse TownTM Project of Keio Engineering Fundation
- 2005-2010 Research Director of Koike Photonics Polymer Project, Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) ERATO- Solution Oriented Research for Science and Technology (SORST)
- 2006-2014 Member of Science Council of Japan
- 2010- present Committee member of NHK Science and Technology Research Laboratories
- 2010- present Core Researcher, Funding Program for World-Leading Innovative R&D on Science and Technology (FIRST Program)
supported by the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)
- 2010-2012 30th Board member, the Society of Polymer Science, Japan
- 2012- present Chairman of the Research Group on Photonics Polymer, the Society of Polymer Science, Japan
Selected Honors and Awards
- 1989 Society of Plastic Engineers(SPE), Electrical & Electronics Division Best Paper Award, ANTEC 1988,
"Gradient-Index Polymer Materials and Their Optical Devices"
- 1994 Society of Plastic Enginners(SPE), International Engineering and Technology Award -Fred O. Conley
- 1995 1995 Nikkei BP Technology Award, Information System Prize
- 1996 Office of Naval Research 50th Anniversary, Distinguished International Lecturer,
"Polymers for Optical Applications"
- 1996 Optoelectronic Industry and Technology Development Association, Kenjiro Sakurai Memorial Prize
- 1997 Society for International Display (SID)
1996 International Symposium Best Poster Paper Award
- 1997 The Japan Society of Applied Physics Sponsored International Meeting MOC/GRIN Best Paper Award
- 2000 Award of the Society of Fiber Science and Technology, Japan
- 2001 The Fujihara Award
- 2003 The Award of the Society of Polymer Science, Japan
- 2005 The Incentive Award of Takayanagi Foundation for Electronics Science and Technology
- 2006 Purple Ribbon Medal from Palace"Shiju Housho"
- 2007 The 2007 MOC Award
- 2009 Selected as "Nice Step Scientist" by National Institute of Science and Technology Policy for distinguished contribution
"Fundamental research and realization of high-speed plastic optical fiber" to the science and technology in 2009.
- 2010 Best Paper Award of 2009 by the Japan Society of Polymer Processing
"Design of Zero Zero-birefringence Polymers for Injection Molded Products with Low Birefringence,"
Seikei-Kakou, Vol21(7), pp.426-435, 2009.
- 2013 Mukai Prize by Tokyo Ohka Foundation for The Promotion of Science and Technology.
|International Conference Papers||Invited Papers|